10 Reasons You Have To Quit Your Job In 2014
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- QUIT YOUR JOB REASONS YOU HAVE TO in 2014 10 J A M E S A L T U C H E R
- THE GAME IS OVER. That game where they get to hire you for 40 years, pay you far less than you create, and then give you a gold watch, and then you get bored, you get depressed, and you die alone. (It wasnât that fun of a game anyway.)
- WEâVE ENTERED THE âCHOOSE YOURSELFâ ERA. The era without middlemen. Without âthe Otherâ telling you your bonus, your salary, your movie can be made, your book published, your SEO company funded, your life validated. The era where you have to always be planning your escape.
- Every day you Create and you Innovate and you Sell for yourself. You Eat what you Kill. And your rewards are commensurate with how sharp your teeth are. Most people need to begin planning their exit strategy RIGHT NOW...
- For the past 20 years, incomes have risen slower than inflation, which means the food, gas and housing you buy consume a greater percentage of your income than they did 20 years ago. This is why household debt is near all-time highs. You have to borrow to live. Your job pays you enough to live, but thatâs it. But soon your job wonât pay you enough to live. This trend is not going to end. R E A S O N S T O Q U I T Y O U R J O B I N 2 0 1 4 The middle class is DEAD 1 THE JAMES ALTUCHER SHOW
- Technology, outsourcing, a growing temp staffing industry, productivity efficiencies, have all replaced the middle class. Iâm on the board of directors of a temp staffing company with one billion dollars in revenues. I can see it happening across every sector of the economy. Everyone is getting fired. Everyone is toilet paper now. Flush. R E A S O N S T O Q U I T Y O U R J O B I N 2 0 1 4 Youâve been replaced 2 THE JAMES ALTUCHER SHOW
- A corporations main job is to destroy the career aspirations of their most talented people, the people who swear their loyalty to the corporation, the people who work 90 hours a week for them. They care about the corporation as a whole, not the individual. They want you to stay in the hole and will throw you a meal every once in awhile in exchange for your excrement. âWe donât want anyone to be an individual star.â R E A S O N S T O Q U I T Y O U R J O B I N 2 0 1 4 Corporations donât like you 3 THE JAMES ALTUCHER SHOW
- Studies show that an increase in salary only offers marginal to zero increase in âhappinessâ above a certain level. Why is this? Because the basic fact: people spend what they make. In other words, donât stay at the job for safe salary increases over time. That will never get you where you want â freedom from financial worry. Only free time, imagination, creativity, and an ability to disappear will help you deliver value that nobody ever delivered before in the history of mankind. R E A S O N S T O Q U I T Y O U R J O B I N 2 0 1 4 Money is NOT happiness 4 THE JAMES ALTUCHER SHOW
- R E A S O N S T O Q U I T Y O U R J O B I N 2 0 1 4 Count right now how many people can make a major decision that can ruin your life? 5 THE JAMES ALTUCHER SHOW I donât like it when one person can make or break me. A boss. A publisher. A TV producer. A buyer of my company. The way to avoid this is to diversify the things you are working on so no one person or customer or boss or client can make a decision that could make you rich or destroy you or fulfill your lifeâs dreams or crush them. When you do this count, make sure the number is over 20. Then when you spin the wheel the odds are on your side that a winning number comes up.
- Are your physical needs, your emotional needs, your mental needs, and your spiritual needs being satisfied? You can easily modify lifestyle and work to at least satisfy more of your needs. And the more these needs are satisfied the more you will create the conditions for true abundance to come into your life. R E A S O N S T O Q U I T Y O U R J O B I N 2 0 1 4 Is your job satisfying your needs? 6 THE JAMES ALTUCHER SHOW
- The whole myth of savings is gone. Inflation will carve out the bulk of your 401k. The only retirement plan is to Choose Yourself. To start a business or a platform or a lifestyle where you can put big chunks of money away. Deliver some value, any value, to any body, to somebody, and watch that value compound into a career. 1 0 R E A S O N S T O Q U I T Y O U R J O B Your Retirement Plan is for S**t 7 THE JAMES ALTUCHER SHOW
- All excuses are blessings in disguise. Thereâs always a gap between âwhat I have nowâ and âwhat I would like.â The gap is all of your excuses. All it takes to close the gap is to be creative and work your way through the excuses. Always tune your inner ear so you can listen for (and separate from each other) both the GOOD reason and the REAL reason when anyone (including yourself) gives you an excuse. 1 0 R E A S O N S T O Q U I T Y O U R J O B Excuses. 8 THE JAMES ALTUCHER SHOW
- Make the list right now. Every dream. THESE ARE NOT GOALS. These are themes. Every day, what do I need to do to practice these themes? Iâm a secret agent and Iâm waiting for my mission. Ready to receive. This is how you take baby steps. This is how eventually you run towards freedom. 1 0 R E A S O N S T O Q U I T Y O U R J O B It's OK to take Baby steps. 9 THE JAMES ALTUCHER SHOW
- Abundance only comes when you are moving along your themes. When you are truly enhancing the lives of the people around you. When every day you wake up with that motive of enhancement. Become a beacon of enhancement and then when the night is gray, all of the boats will move towards you, bringing their bountiful riches. 1 0 R E A S O N S T O Q U I T Y O U R J O B Abundance will NEVER come from your job 10 THE JAMES ALTUCHER SHOW
- Donât believe me. Stay with a boss that hates you. A job that is keeping you locked on a chain around your neck, tantalizing you with incremental increases in pay and job title. Stay in a culture that is quietly replacing the entire middle class. This is not anyoneâs fault. These are the tectonic plates of economics destroying an entire suburban culture that has lasted for almost 100 years.
- Until you CHOOSE YOURSELF for success, and all that choice entails, you will be locked into the prison. You will stare into your loverâs eyes looking for a sign that he or she loves you back. But slowly the lights will fade, the warmth of another body will grow cold, and you will go to sleep dreamless in the dark once again.
- HEAR MORE ABOUT THE CHOOSE YOURSELF ERA THE JAMES ALTUCHER SHOW HOW I LOST ALL MY MONEY, MADE IT BACK, LOST IT, MADE IT BACK SEVERAL TIMES OVER, AS WELL AS AN OPEN DISCUSSION ON ALL PARTS OF LIFE. Download on iTunes JAMES ALTUCHER PODCAST