Basic Types of Conflict
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- 1. Conflict: The Different Kinds Man vs. Man Man vs. Society Man vs. Nature Man vs. Self
- 2. Man vs. Man Man vs. Man occurs when a character (man or woman!) has an argument, disagreement, or other kind of “argument” with another character. Who can give me an example?
- 3. Man vs. Society The conflict between Man and Society occurs when a character disagrees with societal values, laws, or beliefs. Who wants to give me an example of this kind of conflict?
- 4. Man vs. Nature A conflict of Man vs. Nature occurs when a character has a problem with outside forces: weather, animals, land, etc. Who can think of an example besides the television show “Man vs. Wild?”
- 5. Man vs. Self Man vs. self occurs when a character develops an internal struggle between his thoughts and ideas. This can be a result of the other conflicts mentioned. Can anyone think of a good example of this kind of conflict?