Starting From the Ground Up: How Innovative Hospital Designs Are Profoundly Affecting Health Outcomes
An article by Judy Wang adapted into a slideshow by Natsuko Suzuki.
- UP Starting from the Ground How Innovative Hospital Designs are Profoundly Affecting Health Outcomes By Judy Wang
- EveryNovember, Top medical faculties, policymakers, and healthcare analysts gather at the US. News Hospital of Tomorrow Conference
- The means to improve hospital facility designs was emphasized in the 2013 panel “Designing Hospitals for 21st Century Care”.
- FACILITY DESIGN HEALTH OUTCOMES One point discussed....
- More than 1500 studies have demonstrated that improved hospital designs mean medical errors, infections, & patients’ stress.
- For example, Natural light can have healing benefits in reducing depression
- For example, Scenes from nature can have a psychological effect of relieving pain
- Upon considering this evidence, Princeton University Hospital re-engineered rooms with larger window panels to emphasize outdoor views of woods and rivers.
- Another point during the 2013 Hospitals of Tomorrow Conference: hospital rooms that can integrate family and children interaction.
- For example, creating a space where children can use colored lights to decorate their rooms
- For example, creating a space where children can play with shades on window panels
- Efficient hospital designs also drive up performance of medical staff.
- An associate professor from Rush University reported studies demonstrating a in time nurses spend in a patient’s room after re-engineering the nursing station and room spaces. 50% BOOST
- healthcare facility design, health outcomes, & patient satisfaction The dynamic interaction between is incredibly important to consider.
- Credits “Congress” icon by Martha Ormiston “Link” icon by Matthew Exton “Down” icon by John Chapman “Sun” icon by Nina Sandgaard Rasmussen “Tree” icon by vleenie “People” icon by Monika Ciapala “Light Bulb” icon by Jens Tärning “Window” icon by Joe Harrison from the Noun Project Collection