KPCB 2015 Internet Trends Report - Simplified & Designed.
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- THE 2015 INTERNET TRENDS REPORT – Simplified & Designed. created by http://www.stinsondesign.com http://www.apple.com
- The impact of Internet has been extraordinary and broad…but it’s just the beginning.
- people now use the internet. (That’s 39% of the world!) 2,800,000,000
- of millennials say their smartphone never leaves their side.87%
- Internet user growth and smartphone subscription growth is strong but slowing.
- A lot of space for innovation and growth can be found in the following sectors: Education Healthcare Government
- Internet Trends 2015
- Growth rates in mobile advertising for leaders is still high but slowing. Advertising
- Video viewing and vertical viewing on mobile is growing. Vertical viewing increased 29% compared to 5% 5 years ago.
- Expect seamless integration of “Buy” Buttons optimized for mobile. BUY (Particularly with Twitter, Facebook and Google.)
- A focus on doing things not just faster, but differently. Business Solutions
- Reinventing business processes through apps: Mail Clients Offline Payments Online Payments Business Analytics Human Resources
- “Messaging and notifications are the key components of every meaningful mobile app.” Messaging and Communication
- most used apps globally are messaging apps. Non-smartphone users are likely to onboard through messaging platforms. 6+ of 10
- Asia’s messaging apps lead the way to show US companies what to do next. Development of additional services and use as an e-commerce platform. Kakao Talk WeChat LINE
- Content is becoming increasingly user-generated and curated. User-Generated Content
- Increasing amount of user-generated content Images Video Content Sharing Audio Videogame Streaming Stories Reviews
- Changes in connectivity and technology are changing the ways people can work. Online Marketplaces
- Individuals can now do commerce in increasingly efficient ways. Online platforms are enabling growth in product commerce and rapid growth in service commerce.
- Consumer drone use is global and rising rapidly. Drones
- Consumer drones are selling but commercial use is the big opportunity. Precision Agriculture Mining and Quarrying Infrastructure Inspection Disaster Response
- There is a lot of innovation in consumer spending categories. Consumer Spending
- The top 3 consumer spending categories are also the weakest user experience markets - This has led to innovation. Housing Transportation Food Airbnb Uber Instacart
- Innovation is alive and well. China
- WeChat 549M users Massive Scale and Engagement Major Video Distribution Channel Government Services Booking Appointments Paying Utilities Passport Applications
- Xiaomi China’s leader in smartphone shipment SMARTPHONE GROWTH +227% Y/Y in 2014 Smartphone Retail Store Connection Remote Control for Home Devices + +
- India is quickly becoming a mobile business target, as the third largest market of Internet users at 243M. India
- of India’s Internet traffic is through mobile. (Only second to Nigeria.) and 41% of India’s e-commerce is done through mobile. 65%
- #1 Largest market for monthly active users on WhatsApp #2 Second largest market for monthly active users on Facebook and LinkedIn +
- 2015 Market Value ($B) Top 10 Global Internet Public Market Leaders
- Tencent6 $190B eBay7 $73B Baidu8 $72B Priceline9 $63B Salesforce.com10 $49B Apple 1 $764B Google 2 $373B Alibaba 3 $233B Facebook 4 $226B Amazon 5 $199B
- Want to know more? www.kpcb.com/internet-trends Read the full report: http://www.kpcb.com/internet-trends
- You might also want to check out: www.stinsondesign.com @stinsondesign 1.888.960.9851 SOURCES SELECT ICONS medialoot.com google.github.io/material-design-icons/CONTENT http://www.kpcb.com/internet-trends http://techcrunch.com/2015/05/27/the-mary-meeker-internet-trends-2015-report/ http://www.stinsondesign.com http://www.stinsondesign.com http://www.twitter.com/stinsondesign http://www.twitter.com/stinsondesign http://www.stinsondesign.com http://medialoot.com http://www.kpcb.com/internet-trends http://techcrunch.com/2015/05/27/the-mary-meeker-internet-trends-2015-report/ http://www.slideshare.net/TimG1/the-global-ocean-crisis http://www.slideshare.net/TimG1/top-10-wearable-tech-of-2014