8 Simple Beagle Training Tips That Work
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- 8 Simple Beagle Training Tips That Work Presented By: http://BeagleTraining.org
- The best results that are produced while training your beagle are the simplest acts.
- Within any packs of dogs the alpha sets the rules while the rest follows.
- It is best to establish yourself as the alpha.
- This way you can be sure that your beagle obedience training sessions will be more productive.
- Here are eight tips that will teach your new Beagle puppy or adult that you are the alpha in the pack.
- 1. NEVER HIT YOUR BEAGLE FOR MISBEHAVING.
- Instead use the tone of your voice and a collar/leash to teach and make corrections.
- 2. Never leave a hyper Beagle unexercised.
- Playing ball before you leave for work and after you return can help alleviate their pent-up energy.
- 3. Never feed your hound from your plate while you are eating.
- They must learn that you are the alpha and that they can only eat when you are finished with your meal.
- 4. Never keep them alone in a yard for days at a time.
- Without proper socialization your hound will become aggressive towards other dogs as well as other humans.
- They need contact with their own species in order to learn how to behave in a dog pack equally as well as they must learn to behave in a human pack.
- A Beagle left alone for long periods of time will believe they are the alpha and will try to dictate to you instead of the other way around.
- 5. Never allow your Beagle on the sofa or on your bed. And if your hound sits in your path, gently shove it out of the way with your foot.
- By setting boundaries, you will instill in them that it must obey the alpha.
- 6. Never allow your hound to jump on you or your guests.
- Its fun when your Beagle is a puppy, but it is not fun when they become heavier.
- Practice with a collar and leash and set up situations where a neighbor rings your doorbell while your dog awaits their entrance.
- Make a sharp correction and command them to "sit" as your neighbor enters the house.
- And, of course, do not forget to praise them as soon as they follow your command.
- Once they know what to do, try the same thing off the leash, but this time use a water spray bottle and spray them in the face with water as punishment for jumping and with a stern vocal correction of "NO".
- Proceed to praise them once again when they obey your command.
- This way, they will learn to associate praise with correct action.
- 7. Never allow them to chew on your towels, socks, shoes, or clothing.
- Use bitter apple to discourage these types of behaviors.
- 8. Never allow a puppy to chew on your fingers.
- Otherwise, it will become a habit that will be very hard to break when they become an adult.
- Spray you hands and fingers with bitter apple and then allow them to proceed.
- They will learn not to bite your fingers without associating any negative thoughts about you as the alpha.
- By following these steps, you will establish yourself as the alpha.
- And, you will have a head start in training your beagle because they will have already learned to respect your authority as their leader.
- Want to learn more beagle training tips to keep your beagle from misbehaving?
- Learn the secrets that many have learned to help their Beagles become more obedient. Go to http://BeagleTraining.org now to learn more!