7 Habits That Kill Creativity
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- Habits that KILL CREATIVITY @habitsguy 7
- Have you ever thought about why some people are more creative than others?
- People are lazy and likely to spend minimum effort on getting things done.
- Our brains like to follow known patterns instead of reinventing a process every single time.
- This tendency makes us far less creative and therefore â less efficient.
- Here are seven common habits that kill creativity.
- 1 A creative idea cannot be born in an environment limited by logic and rationality. Youâre Too Logical
- Logic stifles creativity and blinds you to essential insights from different kinds of analyses, from consumer groups to market.
- 2 Finding one solution is only the beginning of a long process. You choose the first solution
- This habit never motivates you to play with alternative ideas, efficiently killing any creative bone in your body.
- 3 Many of us think that most questions generate only one correct answer. You believe that thereâs only one right answer
- There exist many different approaches to tackling a challenge and thatâs what makes a field interesting.
- 4 Being a novice isnât a bad thing â in fact, it happens to everyone starting a career in a new field. You lack expert knowledge
- If youâre new to a discipline, and you never took the time to study the basics properly, youâll inevitably put a strain on your creativity.
- 5 A bloated ego will make you miss out on fantastic opportunities for growth and learning. Youâve got too much expert knowledge
- If youâre convinced that you know everything, youâre limiting yourself to experience only one side of the industry.
- 6 Stop mulling over LOTS of data. STOP. Youâre overwhelmed by data
- Ask or look for just enough information and allow yourself some space for creative thinking.
- 7 Everyone has a potential for creativity, only most decide that itâs not worth to use it in their daily lives. You just think youâre not creative
- Ignorance of the creative process is not lack of creativity â itâs a choice.
- About the Author Simone Smith is an educator and a blogger. She promotes a healthy work-life balance and a constant drive towards self-improvement as the keys to a successful life. .
- Is your LAZINESS getting in the way of your CREATIVITY?
- Grab your FREE copy ofâ¦ 23 Anti- Procrastination Habits http://www.developgoodhabits.com/23aph_slide http://www.developgoodhabits.com/23aph_slide
- Grab your FREE copy ofâ¦ 23 Anti- Procrastination Habits Click to access! http://www.developgoodhabits.com/23aph_slide http://www.developgoodhabits.com/23aph_slide