What Is Product Marketing?
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- WHAT IS
- Youâve heard about it. You know a Product Marketer.
- Itâs kind of hard to explain what product marketing is. Pro Tip: Try this search whenever you want to feel confused.
- Thatâs probably because product marketing is one of the few job functions that touches product, marketing and sales.
- Or maybe because this is the top definition...
- Hereâs what product marketing is and what product marketers do.
- PS. Click here to learn more about Drift. http://drift.com http://drift.com http://drift.com
- Letâs start with the typical marketing funnel.
- There are three main parts of any funnel: Blogging, Social Media, SEO, Writing, Design Optimization: LPs, CTAs, Workflows, Analytics, Lead Scoring Product Expert, Teacher/Trainer, User Testing, Messaging, Persuasion Marketers focus on:
- There are three main parts of any funnel: Blogging, Social Media, SEO, Writing, Design Optimization: LPs, CTAs, Workflows, Analytics, Lead Scoring Product Expert, Teacher/Trainer, User Testing, Messaging, Persuasion, Demand Generation
- Product Marketers are doing things like writing positioning and messaging for products and new features.
- And thinking about how to drive demand and usage of those products and features.
- But theyâre also thinking about the competitive landscape and the market.
- And how to help the sales team sell more and close more deals.
- Product Marketers are focused more on marketing to customers than prospects and leads.
- Or, in the words of some people who are passionate about
- VP Marketing, HubSpot Product Marketing sits right at the intersection of the product team. Our job is to bring products to market. That includes everything from setting the positioning and messaging, to running product launches, to making sure the sales team understands how to talk about the product and making sure customers understand how to use it.
- Co-Founder of Crazy Egg and KISSMetrics Product Marketing is the art and science of conveying to people what your product can do for them with the goal of engaging, converting and retaining.
- Co-Founder, NextView Ventures Former Product Marketer at EBay Product Marketing is about understanding what people want so that you can so you can make your product great.
- Director of Growth, I Will Teach You To Be Rich, Former Director of Growth, KISSMetrics Product Marketing is the art of creating desire for your product and understanding your customers so deeply that you can answer two critical questions for them: Why your product and why now?
- Chief Revenue Officer, Constant Contact Product Marketing is responsible for developing the unique value proposition of a companyâs offer(s) and then helps bring that value prop to life by enabling all of the companyâs channels. The cornerstone of developing the value prop revolves around understanding a companyâs potential buyers and the unique needs addressed by the companyâs offerings.
- And even though everyoneâs definition is a little different, one thing is crystal clear.
- Great product marketing comes down to
- TL;DR Hereâs the one slide recap if you want to clip
- Thanks for reading! Click here to learn more about Drift. http://drift.com http://drift.com http://drift.com