The LinkedIn Guide to the Perfect #WorkSelfie
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- THE LINKEDIN GUIDE TO THE PERFECT #WORKSELFIE
- Building your professional brand is essential to career success. One of the most important parts of creating the right impression is having the right profile photo.Â In fact, you are 14x more likely to be viewed if you have a profile photo.Â Luckily, you donât need to book a professional photographer. All you really need is your smartphone to take a #workselfie. Get is your smartphone to take a #workselfie. Get started with these tips.Â OVERVIEW
- Using a background such as a white wall will ensure the focus is purely on your face and not on what is behind you. Make sure the wall is clear of any pictures, signs or photobombers! DO BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS
- Natural light is your best friend, so stay away from the flash. South-facing windows are perfect, as light will hit you straight on and compliment your face. Avoid direct sunlight as shadows can be harsh on faces. DO USE NATURAL LIGHT
- DSLRs or phones both work well. If youâre using a smartphone, make sure itâs a fairly recent smartphone. Find a makeshift tripod (a wall or book shelf) to avoid a selfie arm. Remember to use the front-facing camera. DO USE THE RIGHT CAMERA
- Look up at the camera â it is a more flattering angle because it emphasizes your eyes and makes your face and neck seem smaller. Looking down on a camera is usually not as flattering for the exact opposite reason. DO THINK ABOUT THE ANGLE
- Head and shoulders make the best #workselfie, which means an off-the-shoulder top might not be the best. You donât want anything too distracting â but donât be afraid to wear colour. DO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUâRE WEARING
- The best photos follow the rule of thirds. This means that your eyes should be one third of the way down from the top of the photo and off to one side. Leave plenty of distance between yourself and the lens so you can crop the picture later. DONâT CENTER YOURSELFX
- Duckface, pouting, sparrow face, fishlips, belfie, the bed, the bathroom, the restaurant, the seatbelt, the gym. Just some of the selfies that donât have a place on your LinkedIn profile. Show your natural self by relaxing your face and expression. DONâT DO A CLICHÃ SELFIEX
- SO TO RECAPâ¦ Do be aware of your surroundings Do use natural light Do use the right camera Do think about the angle Do think about what youâre wearing Donât center yourself DonDonât do a clichÃ© selfieX X
- Taken a great #workselfie? Share it on LinkedIn and other social networks using the hashtag!