All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- 1. HOW TO SWIM……CRAWL.
- 2. BREATHING. 1. Turn the head to the side of a recovering arm. 2. Take breath through the mouth. 3. At the end of the recovery, the head is looking down and forward. 4. The swimmer breathes out through mouth and nose. 5. Breathing out through the nose prevents water from entering the nose. 6. One breath every three arm recovery (i.e., every 1.5 cycles). 7. Alternate sides for breathing.
- 3. ARM´S MOVEMENT. 1. The arm movement in freestyle is alternating, i.e., while one arm is pulling/pushing, the other arm is recovering. 2. The move can be separated into three parts, the pull, the push, and the recovery. 2.1. The pull: the hand enters the water and goes to its lowest point. 2.2. The push: the palm pushes backward underneath the body. 2.3. The recovery: moves the elbow in a semicircle. The lower arm and the hand are completely relaxed and hang down from the elbow. 3. One whole cycle finishes when the hand enters the water again.
- 4. THE LEGS´ MOVEMENT. 1. The legs move alternately, with one leg kicking downward while the other leg moves upward. 2. They are important to stabilize the body position. 3. The lower leg and the foot kick downwards similar to kicking a football. 4. Ideally, there are 6 kicks per cycle. it is also possible to use 4 kicks or even 2 kicks. 5. Frequent mistake of beginners: 5.1. To bend the legs too much. 5.2. To kick too much out of the water.
- 5. BODY MOVEMENT. 1. The body rolls about its long axis. 2. When one arm goes out of the water, the body rolls that side. 3. That´s the moment you take breath. 4. The body won´t move sideto-side. 5. The leg kick will maintain the line of the body. http://www.swim-city.com/freestyle.php
- 6. BODY MOVEMENT. 1. The body rolls about its long axis. 2. When one arm goes out of the water, the body rolls that side. 3. That´s the moment you take breath. 4. The body won´t move sideto-side. 5. The leg kick will maintain the line of the body. http://www.swim-city.com/freestyle.php