Information Speech - San Francisco Food Culture
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- 1. San Francisco Food Culture
- 2. Topics To Be Covered History of San Francisco’s food culture by district Food trucks in San Francisco My favorite food spot in the city
- 3. North Beach Located near the port, ideal for fishermen In the 1860’s, immigrants flocked there Became known as the Latin Quarter Today, Italians are in the majority Foundsf.org
- 4. Chinatown Established after the 49ers and Transcontinental rail road Chinese males came through Angel Island Eventually settled in Chinatown Strict US immigration laws limited Chinese until 1950’s Sanfrancisco.com
- 5. The Mission Spanish missionaries settled in 1776 Predominately Hispanic and Latin American heritage “Stop-over” area for other cultures, especially after the 1906 earthquake Strong blue collar roots Foundsf; SFGate
- 6. Modern SF eats – the Food Truck
- 7. What is OTG SF? Food truck marketplace Started in 2010 Strong social media platform Most carts have Mexican or Asian influences Otgsf.com
- 8. Curry Up Now – Indian Street Food
- 9. Senor Sisig – Filipio/Mexican Fusion
- 10. Bacon Bacon – Self Explanatory
- 11. And my favorite restaurant is….
- 12. Cha Cha Cha – Cuban Fusion
- 13. Now you know… pick your favorite! History of San Francisco’s food culture by district Food trucks in San Francisco My favorite food spot in the city – ChaChaCha
- 14. If you still can’t decide…