TTIP: How multionationals try to fool civilians, again!
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- TTIP? No, thanks! How big multinationals try to fool civilians, again! Matthijs Pontier, Piratenpartij
- Problems in EU • Too much top-down • Lack of democratic control • Too much power with too many people Lobbyists’ paradise
- TTIP: Treaty against civilians • Lobbyists behind closed doors • Protects interests multinationals • Commission: ‘TTIP = ACTA through backdoor’ • At the expense of: – Civil rights – Environment – Democracy
- ‘Market Harmonization’ EU-US • Less restrictions on fracking • Less restrictions on GMO’s • Makes turning back privatizations impossible • Stricter copyright laws • Stricter patent laws
- Economic Costs/Benefits TTIP • Most positive scenario EU: 0,48% economic growth in 2027 – > not even 0,05% per year!! • Costs according to OFSE report: 47 billion – Reduction trade barrier tariffs: 30 billion – Changes labour market: 10 billion – Less taxes: 7 billion
- Capaldo (UN Global Policy Model)
- Race to the bottom
- Trading away our democracy • Germany: Phasing out nuclear energy (3,7bn) • Canada: Prohibition shale gas winnings (250m) • Philip Morris in Uruguay (2bn) – BBP Uruguay: 60 miljard >3%!! • Civilians pay through tax • Tribunal puts trade above everything Also above human rights and environment
- There is no planet B
- Thanks! • @Matthijs85 • Matthijs Pontier • email@example.com