How to Hire the Wrong Talent
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- 9 steps to help you breeze through the recruitment process without a care. How to Hire the Right Talent Wrong
- Source: Mystery Applicant, StartWire and CandEs of candidates have some relationship with a company prior to applying.49 Wrong Step 1: Look at hiring as a transaction, not a relationship.
- Source: Mystery Applicant, StartWire and CandEs of candidates would stop buying from companies that give them bad hiring experiences.25 Wrong Step 2: Ignore your candidatesâ experience. Itâs not like theyâre customers.
- Source: Bersin Candidate pool development is the NO. 2 driver to high-impact talent aquisition. Wrong Step 3: Donât develop a candidate pipeline. Wing it when a job opens.
- Wrong Step 4: Only post jobs on your career site. Social media is for cat videos. Source: Glassdoor of candidates are likely to use social media in their job search.79
- Source: Potential Park of candidates drop off due to complicated application processes. 48 Wrong Step 5: Never mind candidate drop-offs. If they canât figure out your site, who needs them?
- Wrong Step 6: Kick it old-school. Mobile recruitment is a fad. Hiring Techniques from the Middle Ages Part I Source: Smarter Workforce Institute Research: Mobilize to Realize of job-seekers use mobile devices in their searches. 74
- Wrong Step 7: Why bother testing for candidate fit? Go with your gut. Source: HBR of turnover is due to bad hiring decisions. 80
- of job applicants say a negative interview changed their minds about a company they previously liked. 83 Wrong Step 8: Ask irrelevant interview questions. If you were to get rid of one state in the U.S., which would it be and why? Is your grade-school GPA reflective of your potential? Are you a Scorpio? Source: LinkedIn 2015 GlobalTalent Trends Report
- of new employees plan to leave when they feel unsupported.67 Source: Smarter Workforce Institute WorkTrends Report Wrong Step 9: Take a sink-or-swim approach to onboarding.
- Hire talent the right way. Read the white paper Learn the art and science of recruitment. https://ibm.biz/BdHumV