- 1. Andy BarkeGoogleIndustry Head, UKMobile Marketing Goes Mainstream
2. Five things you need to know about the mobile internet23%15%36% Of all Google search queries in the UK are on Mobile devices(Internal data)Of all time spent on the internet is on mobile(PWC mobility study)UK Smartphone penetration(ComScore 2010 UK study) 20MQ1’11Smartphone & Tabletsales overtook PC & Smartbook sales for the first time(Morgan Stanley 2010 Analysis )Mobile internet users in the UK(ComScore UK data) 3. Seven things you need to know about mCommerce50%£83m90% 10% of UK shoppers use smartphones to check prices in store (Google Ipsos US Mobile Movement)Of Mobile internet users start their session with a search (Google Ipsos Mobile Movement data)of UK shoppers use smartphones to haggle in store (Experian)Value of the UK Mobile advertising market(IAB UK mobile spend study)54%£500m200mOf UK users who researched a product on their phones then went into a store to buyNumber of Global daily playbacks on Mobile YouTube (Google Data)Value of mCommerce in the UK in 2010(IAB,IMRA study) 4. Five important mobile cultural trendsSearchSocialAppsMobile enables us to share at the point of inspiration.
5. 100m Facebook mobile users 6. Growing exponentially on mobile. 7. 50% of users on mobile start with a searchUseful apps help users to save time and kill time
8. 333K apps on iOS 9. 30K apps on Ovi 10. 26 million users of apps in UK 11. Market worth $17bn by 2015 (Getjar)VideoLocationAn integral part of mobile. 1 in 3 searches are local72,000 burgers sold in 72 hours through Groupon mobile.Viewing & video chat are on the rise:
- 200m playbacks/day on mYT
12. 66% of internet traffic to come from video in 2015 (Cisco)44 13. Google Mobile Ads App5
14. Illustrates whats possible on Googles mobile platforms 15. Case Studies for branding and DR campaigns 16. Regularly updatedhttp://goo.gl/gAinA 17. Mobile Complements Desktop & Is Always OnMOBILEDaily ViewDesktop Searches vs. Mobile SearchesWeekly View Desktop Searches vs. Mobile SearchesSource: Citi Investment Research and Analysis; iCrossing Mobile; U.S. Google Internal Data, 2010 18. Mobile Search 19. Why use Mobile Search?Mobile search queries are growing as a proportion of overall query volume. They make up 15% of UK queries, up from 7% a year ago.1Enables users to engage with your client’s proposition at the peak of their interest wherever they might be.2Generates incremental sales from users who need to make an instant purchase.34Easy to activate, very effective and completely measurable. Mobile search has a multichannel effect. It increases purchase on desktop, drives users in store and drives call centre sales.5 20. Benefits of splitting out Mobile Separate campaigns are the best way to guarantee stronger results.91More Control
- Set bids and budgets just for mobile, run separate reports to track results, easier optimization.
- Include messaging with a strong mobile call-to-action
21. Use relevant ad formats that drive to a mobile optimized landing page.Relevant Messaging3Better Targeting
- With AdWords you can target different carriers and devices.